Job Description – Associate Brand Manager (USA)
The Associate Brand Manager supports and implements brand strategies and tactics that lead to achievement of brand volume and profit targets through leading cross-functional teams to meet key performance indicators. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: brand analysis, promotions development, brand planning, selling tool development, tradeshow management and agency management. This role interacts significantly with a broad cross functional team so strong team leadership and interpersonal skills are critical to success.
The following is a list of top Function-Specific activities performed in the job:
- Assist in the development of Brand Situation Assessment in order to identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities by utilizing data-driven insights (e.g., SPINS database, internal cross-functional reports, consumer research reports, competitive analysis, etc.).
- Assist in the development of short and/or long-term brand plans identifying key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, marketplace information, etc. in order to support brand growth targets.
- Lead customer marketing initiative, working with sales team and customer marketing teams for key and independent accounts across Himalaya portfolio including in-store tools (i.e. coupons, POS, sales promotions) and emerging marketing tactics.
- Develop and manage Brand Ambassador programs tied to key initiatives and manage third-party agency involvement to deliver on program goals.
- Lead the development and management of national and regional tradeshows.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape via market visits, secondary research, data analysis and on-line searches.
- Ensure production feasibility (e.g., supplier costs, capacity and capabilities) of promotional concept/packaging tactics and advise on timelines in order to properly execute plan and manage resources.
- Write creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency work and creative development.
- Assist in program development and manage required budget in order to execute brand plan.
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Execute social media programming and work with third-party providers to manage the brand’s social media presence.
- Develop plans for a work or task assignment to ensure effective completion against overall project or business plan.
- Organize and coordinate project logistics and resources to meet deadlines and maintain quality.
Qualifications and Education
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Marketing, Business or Communications Concentration
Related Work Experience: 1- 2 years with CPG organization or syndicated data company.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment) used in the development of marketing plans
- Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., AC Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, Homescan) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
- Knowledge of and ability to use marketing tools/information to identify and define consumer/ marketplace opportunities.
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage a cross functional project team
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization
Compensation and Benefits
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Vision, Life, AD&D, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability. Compensation (base pay and bonus) is commensurate with experience.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
You, Himalaya, and the Seeds of Wellness
Himalaya believes the wellness journey begins with a seed. It’s sewn at the ground level – within you. It germinates and sprouts forth as you nourish the capacity for joy and individual wellness blooms from you to those around you.
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. We teach our farmers sustainable growing and harvesting, so they can give back to the soil that gives life. We advocate for women farmers and protect fair prices through fair trade farming partnerships.
Himalaya’s manufacturing facilities are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and ISO 9001:2008 certified from NQA. Our R&D facility is GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GCP (Good Clinical Practices) certified, employs over 250 physicians and scientists, and is recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center. Himalaya’s LEED® Gold Certified Americas Region headquarters are located in Sugar Land, Texas, and serve the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Because our customers asked us long ago for purity and simplicity, Himalaya products are free from gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast and dairy. They’re also Non-GMO certified, vegan-friendly and contain no artificial fillers, binders or excipients. We offer USDA certified organic single herbs in additive-free caplets and capsules, and Himalaya Botanique personal care products with fresh botanicals and cold-pressed oils, free from over 400 synthetic ingredients. Himalaya has also been awarded ISO-14001:2004 certification of environmental management for our critical systems and procedures that control land, water and air pollution.
Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. We don’t just do it because our customers expect us to. We do it because it’s the right thing to do.
If wellness is truly the path to happiness, Himalaya believes we must all contribute to the wellness of people, the wellness of our environment, and the wellness of our communities. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: making the world well, one person at a time. At Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, we’re grateful for your consideration as we continue our shared, important mission. Visit us at www.himalayausa.com and join our journey. Help us keep planting the seeds of wellness that are making the world well, one person at a time.