Job Description – Brand Manager, Supplements (USA)
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare is seeking a Brand Manager to support and build the brand equity for Himalaya’s breadth of herbal supplement products. This role really requires an end-to-end approach to marketing that begins with new product concepts and launches and ends with selling tools required to be successful in store and across the online retail space. This individual should be able to think and deliver across this continuum to grow brand volume and profit. Responsibilities will include brand analysis and insight identification, digital marketing and social media planning, promotions development, new product/line extension management, brand planning, selling tool development and agency management. This role interacts significantly with a broad cross functional team so strong team leadership and interpersonal skills are critical to success.
The following is a list of top Function-Specific activities performed in the job:
- Assist in the development of Annual Brand Situation Assessment in order to identify and prioritize brand-building opportunities and provide key insights by utilizing data-driven insights (e.g., SPINS database, Customer Databases, internal cross-functional reports, consumer research reports, competitive analysis, etc.).
- Develop strategies and manage a cohesive e-commerce marketing plan, manage brand experiences on customer websites, maintain excellence in digital creative execution, digital assets management, brand rating and reviews, etc. aimed at increasing traffic, brand loyalty and awareness. Responsible for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing.
- Assist in the development of short and/or long-term business/brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from situation assessment, consumer research, competitive landscape, market trends, etc. in order to support brand growth targets.
- Write creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency work and creative development.
- Partner with Sales Team and key Retail Marketing contacts to deliver against brand/ portfolio objectives, while delivering on customer specific insights to deliver profitable volume growth & equity of the Himalaya brand.
- Manage agency partners ensuring that they are delivering on requirements outlined in briefs and effectively delivering on all account management responsibilities (i.e. program & financial management).
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Assist VP of Marketing with development of new products or product improvements in order to meet marketing objectives (e.g., extending usage, bringing in new users, etc.) by writing new product development briefs, gaining approvals, and organizing kickoff and project meetings.
- Develop programs and secure required budget in order to execute brand plan.
- Lead planning and development of in-store and experiential promotions activities.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape via market visits, secondary research, and data analysis.
- Oversee development and management of national and regional tradeshows.
- Provide direct report(s) with leadership, direction, and coaching to achieve work objectives and improve performance and skills.
Qualifications and Education
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
Related Work Experience: Minimum 2-3 years as an Associate Brand/ Product Manager and 4+ years with CPG organization or syndicated data company. Experience in development of brand business objectives and marketing strategies required.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Planning experience; strategic thinking (forward-looking vision and anticipating of future needs)
- Excellent grasp of social media and website metrics and best practices online marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Demonstrable experience with ecommerce, social media, SEO/SEM, PPC and email marketing required. Experience leveraging digital/ social media to grow brands.
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (i.e., Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, Homescan) preferred.
- Demonstrable project management experience required; must be able to get things done through others.
- Knowledge of and ability to use marketing tools/information to identify and define consumer/marketplace opportunities.
- Demonstrated reputation for customer engagement with ability to drive mutual business results.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
- Working knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing required.
- Experience managing direct report(s) preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Vision, Life, AD&D, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability. Compensation (base pay and bonus) is commensurate with experience.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
You, Himalaya, and the Seeds of Wellness
Himalaya believes the wellness journey begins with a seed. It’s sewn at the ground level – within you. It germinates and sprouts forth as you nourish the capacity for joy and individual wellness blooms from you to those around you.
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. We teach our farmers sustainable growing and harvesting, so they can give back to the soil that gives life. We advocate for women farmers and protect fair prices through fair trade farming partnerships.
Himalaya’s manufacturing facilities are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and ISO 9001:2008 certified from NQA. Our R&D facility is GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GCP (Good Clinical Practices) certified, employs over 250 physicians and scientists, and is recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center. Himalaya’s LEED® Gold Certified Americas Region headquarters are located in Sugar Land, Texas, and serve the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Because our customers asked us long ago for purity and simplicity, Himalaya products are free from gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast and dairy. They’re also Non-GMO certified, vegan-friendly and contain no artificial fillers, binders or excipients. We offer USDA certified organic single herbs in additive-free caplets and capsules, and Himalaya Botanique personal care products with fresh botanicals and cold-pressed oils, free from over 400 synthetic ingredients. Himalaya has also been awarded ISO-14001:2004 certification of environmental management for our critical systems and procedures that control land, water and air pollution.
Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. We don’t just do it because our customers expect us to. We do it because it’s the right thing to do.
If wellness is truly the path to happiness, Himalaya believes we must all contribute to the wellness of people, the wellness of our environment, and the wellness of our communities. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: making the world well, one person at a time. At Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, we’re grateful for your consideration as we continue our shared, important mission. Visit us at www.himalayausa.com and join our journey. Help us keep planting the seeds of wellness that are making the world well, one person at a time.