Job Description – Business Analyst
This role requires a highly self-motivated person with strong business acumen, analytical skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Reporting to the Business Insights and Analytics Manager, the Business Analyst will be responsible for business analytics, data development and data management to provide the Sales and Marketing teams with an understanding of key business drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support North American and Latin American Sales and Marketing teams with analytics to identify growth opportunities in the market for customers and categories.
- Gather and manage data from primary and secondary sources (e.g. Proprietary Research, SPINS, Nielsen, Industry Publications, Internet, etc.) in order to understand and analyze industry, consumer, category and customer trends.
- Maintain and update monthly and weekly reports.
- Produce easily understood reports, analyze data and provide thoughtful insights to assist cross-functional teams with fact-based decision making.
- Assist in annual budget and forecast process.
- Manage and coordinate the ongoing communication, maintenance and monitoring of standard data (e.g., volume, share) and performance measures.
- Identify and communicate incremental distribution opportunities and create a system for regular performance monitoring.
- Develop customer-facing business reviews to support strategic partnerships with Key Accounts and Regional Chains.
- Create and analyze ad-hoc reports and compile PowerPoint presentations as needed to support organizational and sales initiatives.
- Ability to take large amounts of data and present in a clear and succinct way.
- Ability to keep focused attention while working with the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Familiarity with NetSuite or similar ERP system (ie. SAP, Oracle) preferred
- Attention to Detail – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; showing concern for all projects; accurately checking and reporting processes and tasks.
- Monitoring Information – Establishing and using ongoing procedures to collect, review, and report information necessary to manage projects or ongoing activities.
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related discipline
- Advanced Microsoft Office (ie. Excel, PowerPoint) user
- Expert level in Excel
- Knowledge of syndicated data sources (i.e. SPINS, Nielsen, IRI)
- At least 1 year of experience or comprehensive internship
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience.
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k).
*This position does not provide relocation.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.