Reports To: Chief Financial
Officer Job Classification: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate will oversee all accounting, tax and financial activities to ensure accurate and timely financial information. The position is responsible for developing and managing solid internal controls in accordance with company procedures and best practices. Manage all aspects of accounting; financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, and various special analyses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Manage the creation of company budgets and forecasts and facilitate appropriate inclusion and ownership of company personnel in the process.
- Directs and perform monthly review of actual results versus budget and prior periods identifying trends and cost concerns.
- Create reporting for and manage cash/working capital.
- Work closely with the outside auditors and prepare the necessary schedules and supporting documents to complete the annual audit in a timely manner.
- Manage the creation and production of timely, consistent and accurate financial statements (in accordance with GAAP) and management reports.
- Establish and improve financial policies, practices and procedures for the company in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for the Accounting Department and team
- Ensure tax compliance as required by relevant Federal, State, local laws and practices
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes and internal accounting transaction control systems
- Ensure that accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Oversee purchase order and invoice processes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Related Field, MBA preferred
- Bilingual skills in (Spanish) preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in Accounting with progressive responsibility
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and quickly shift focus in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment is a requirement
- Strong Accounting background with heavy reporting and fast-paced close schedules
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel
- Familiarity and prior experience with ERP implementations
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP software preferred
- Financial Managementsss
- Technical Capacity
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k)
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
You, Himalaya, and the Seeds of Wellness
Himalaya believes the wellness journey begins with a seed. It’s sewn at the ground level – within you. It germinates and sprouts forth as you nourish the capacity for joy and individual wellness blooms from you to those around you.
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. We teach our farmers sustainable growing and harvesting, so they can give back to the soil that gives life. We advocate for women farmers and protect fair prices through fair trade farming partnerships.
Himalaya’s manufacturing facilities are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and ISO 9001:2008 certified from NQA. Our R&D facility is GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GCP (Good Clinical Practices) certified, employs over 250 physicians and scientists, and is recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center. Himalaya’s LEED® Gold Certified Americas Region headquarters are located in Sugar Land, Texas, and serve the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Because our customers asked us long ago for purity and simplicity, Himalaya products are free from gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast and dairy. They’re also Non-GMO certified, vegan-friendly and contain no artificial fillers, binders or excipients. We offer USDA certified organic single herbs in additive-free caplets and capsules, and Himalaya Botanique personal care products with fresh botanicals and cold-pressed oils, free from over 400 synthetic ingredients. Himalaya has also been awarded ISO-14001:2004 certification of environmental management for our critical systems and procedures that control land, water and air pollution.
Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. We don’t just do it because our customers expect us to. We do it because it’s the right thing to do.
If wellness is truly the path to happiness, Himalaya believes we must all contribute to the wellness of people, the wellness of our environment, and the wellness of our communities. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: making the world well, one person at a time. At Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, we’re grateful for your consideration as we continue our shared, important mission. Visit us at www.himalayausa.com and join our journey. Help us keep planting the seeds of wellness that are making the world well, one person at a time.