Job Description – Graphic Designer
Conceptualize and design graphics for a variety of marketing materials including email campaigns, brochures, digital magazines, e-newsletters, promotional and informational signage, print advertising and more. Experienced in creating Photoshop mockups/frameworks for websites and mobile devices along with custom graphics with high attention to detail. Experience with Amazon Vendor and Seller Central along with their Brand Store is a plus.
The following is a list of top Function-Specific activities performed in the job:
- Developing and preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Design and edit company presentations in PowerPoint format
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to key team members
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography
- Manage and maintain visual aspect of social media sites including Amazon and other etailers
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Able to interpret departmental graphic needs and develop a concept to suit their purpose
- Experienced in estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for production
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Team player works in collaboration with other team members to discuss business objectives and requirements of sales and marketing department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. English/Spanish bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under tight deadlines
- Must work well in a collaborative environment and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must provide portfolio of previous work
- Extensive Adobe Suite Experience (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Laser-guided eye for design, color and making people interested in your work
- Ability to take constructive criticism in stride and take action.
Design Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign,
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts preferred with a minimum of five years related experience.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
You, Himalaya, and the Seeds of Wellness
Himalaya believes the wellness journey begins with a seed. It’s sewn at the ground level – within you. It germinates and sprouts forth as you nourish the capacity for joy and individual wellness blooms from you to those around you.
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. We teach our farmers sustainable growing and harvesting, so they can give back to the soil that gives life. We advocate for women farmers and protect fair prices through fair trade farming partnerships.
Himalaya’s manufacturing facilities are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and ISO 9001:2008 certified from NQA. Our R&D facility is GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GCP (Good Clinical Practices) certified, employs over 250 physicians and scientists, and is recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center. Himalaya’s LEED® Gold Certified Americas Region headquarters are located in Sugar Land, Texas, and serve the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Because our customers asked us long ago for purity and simplicity, Himalaya products are free from gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast and dairy. They’re also Non-GMO certified, vegan-friendly and contain no artificial fillers, binders or excipients. We offer USDA certified organic single herbs in additive-free caplets and capsules, and Himalaya Botanique personal care products with fresh botanicals and cold-pressed oils, free from over 400 synthetic ingredients. Himalaya has also been awarded ISO-14001:2004 certification of environmental management for our critical systems and procedures that control land, water and air pollution.
Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. We don’t just do it because our customers expect us to. We do it because it’s the right thing to do.
If wellness is truly the path to happiness, Himalaya believes we must all contribute to the wellness of people, the wellness of our environment, and the wellness of our communities. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: making the world well, one person at a time. At Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, we’re grateful for your consideration as we continue our shared, important mission. Visit us at www.himalayausa.com and join our journey. Help us keep planting the seeds of wellness that are making the world well, one person at a time.