Job Description – Industrial Engineer/Process Improvement Engineer
This role requires a highly self-motivated person, with strong leadership skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. A hands-on leadership approach in leveraging systems and processes to drive significant and profitable growth, ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced industry. The Industrial Engineer will work cross-functionally with various department, develop and maintain labor standards, reduce costs, manage the inventory planning & forecasting, supply chain optimization, process improvement projects, on and offsite distribution. Responsible for establishing and driving KPI performance, optimizing both storage and handling efficiencies, and managing regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the activities of the Inventory Planner to oversee the entire supply chain including order forecasting, tracking, brokerage/customs/USDA/FDA clearances and warehousing and fulfillment operations.
- Identify and implement continuous process improvement initiatives and objectives across the organization and tracks performance against those objectives regularly providing feedback to management.
- Shrink/reduce the overall supply chain lead time by closely working with the Production team. Also, optimize the inventory turns by analyzing the data.
- Undertake fulfillment cost reduction projects by directing the activities of the Warehouse Supervisor by removing the bottlenecks in the Warehouse
- Undertake projects to streamline the processes and implement automation by working with Department Heads and quantifying the ROI of such projects.
- Streamline inventory procurement processes currently in place to ensure the lowest total inventory cost, usage and safety stock.
- Develop preferred methods/standard operating procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with operational support.
- Develop best practices in safety measures, efficient workflow processes, and strategic planning of process improvement.
- Implement and support a labor management program and software configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related discipline with a minimum of 5+ years’ related experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with analytical inventory management systems.
- Experience with and proven track record of driving warehouse and inventory management processes preferably in a consumer goods industry.
- 4 years in a supervisory/management role with preference for experience managing staff and Warehouse Supervisors.
- Proven track record of procurement and contract manufacturing management.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and effectively implement changes.
- Strong ability to multi-task while managing a high dollar amount of inventory.
- Knowledge of GMP and FDA regulations preferred.
- Extensive people management experience is required, as is the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be “bottom line” focused.
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP or similar ERP software preferred.
- Microsoft Office software, with Intermediate to Expert Level experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities that produces results through strong execution.
- Analytical, planning and organizing, sound judgment, decision making, and leadership skills required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through process improvements and cost/benefit analysis.
- Able to identify operational bottlenecks and develop, analyze and present cost efficient solutions.
- Experience in serving as technical expert on specialized projects or programs; act as advisor to management and/or customers.
- Effective at providing guidance to distribution and logistics related to effective and efficient use of assets and processes.
- Experience in developing preferred methods/Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to drive process improvements and work within a team to resolve problems.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and approach (and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization, up and down).
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k)
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.