Job Description – Inventory Planner
Reporting to the Operations Manager this position is responsible for inventory planning activities for the Americas region. This role is directly accountable for demand forecasting, production planning, inventory control and import/export compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- United States:
- Responsible for inventory planning, maintaining proper inventory levels while supporting customer demand.
- Issue production orders with other Himalaya companies, manage order status and communicate production issues with management.
- Responsible for import and tracking of replenishment shipments.
- Control E-Commerce inventory planning and logistic process.
- Special and Ad-hoc Projects as required
- LATAM, Caribbean and Canada:
- Proactively consult with LATAM, Caribbean and Canadian distributors to determine accurate inventory levels.
- Communicate Caribbean and LATAM production orders with the responsible production facility.
- Follow-up on production status and give regular updates to LATAM and Caribbean team.
- Responsible for logistic processes to ensure LATAM/Caribbean and Canadian customers receive product on-time.
- Responsible to coordinate the export process including proper export compliance, shipment notification and billing.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Logistic is preferred.
- Minimum of up to 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience in Logistics and Distribution is required.
- Knowledge of domestic and import/export logistic regulations.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- NetSuite, SAP or other ERP systems preferred.
- Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication, organization & delegation skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, plus commission.
- Excellent company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, Long and Short Term Disability & 401(k).
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.