Job Description – Operations Manager
This role requires a highly self-motivated person, with strong leadership skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. A hands-on leadership approach in leveraging systems and processes to drive significant and profitable growth, ability to manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced industry. Reporting to the CFO, the Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the Supply Chain, Inventory, Process Improvement, Third Party Contract Manufacturing, and on and offsite distribution. Responsible for establishing and driving KPI performance, optimizing both storage and handling efficiencies, and managing regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly manages and oversee the entire supply chain including order forecasting, tracking, brokerage/customs/USDA/FDA clearances and warehousing/fulfillment operations.
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvement initiatives and objectives across the organization and tracks performance against those objectives regularly providing feedback to management, specifically focusing on the following departments;
- Inventory lead time reduction
- Order fulfillment costs
- Automation of processes in the ERP
- Cost reduction initiatives
- Streamline inventory procurement processes currently in place to ensure the lowest total inventory cost, usage and safety stock.
- Spearhead Himalaya’s vision of manufacturing in the Americas region. Identify, nurture & develop contract manufacturing vendors for key personal care products.
- Develop best practices in safety measures, efficient workflow processes, and strategic planning of process improvement.
- Coordinate proactively with partners and distributors for U.S. and Latin America inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management/Logistics or related discipline with a minimum of 5+ years’ related experience. Master’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience with analytical inventory management systems.
- Experience with and proven track record of driving warehouse and inventory management processes in a consumer goods industry.
- 4 years in a supervisory/management role with preference for experience managing staff and Warehouse Supervisors.
- Proven track record of procurement and contract manufacturing management.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and effectively implement changes.
- Strong ability to multi-task while managing a high dollar amount of inventory.
- Knowledge of GMP and FDA regulations.
- Extensive people management experience is required, as is the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Must have excellent computer skills and be “bottom line” focused.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP software preferred.
- Microsoft Office software, with Intermediate to Expert Level experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities that produces results through strong execution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- People Management
- Change Management
- Developing Standards
- Process Improvement
- Analytical Reporting
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k)
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.