Job Description – Sales Analyst II – e-Commerce & Caribbean
The Sales Analyst II – e-Commerce & Caribbean works as a member of the business analytics & insights team that leverages tools in order to understand how the marketplace works and provide holistic analysis, consulting and guidance to clients supported. Responsible for holistic business analysis that drives development, management and measurement of Himalaya’s e-Commerce and Caribbean business. Work with leadership, sales and marketing teams to understand key business drivers and create sales, marketing and pricing growth strategies and measure against the organization’s goals. Create frameworks and approaches for identifying and mining consumer, brand, channel and sales insights for respective businesses. Influence strategy and plan development by synthesizing insights garnered from analyses and sharing recommendations with Himalaya Leadership.
Provide thought ownership in the use of advanced analytic methods to solve business issues in the areas of sales and marketing effectiveness, volume forecasting, and pricing strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and organize information using industry sources (e.g., Industry Publications, Internet, Internal Sales Data, Amazon Analytics Portal, etc.) in order to understand the brand and customer’s sales trends, strengths, weaknesses, competitive environment and growth opportunities.
- Assist in annual budget and forecast process.
- Analyze data, produce easily understood reports, and provide thoughtful insights to assist in analysis and decision making.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly dashboards and reports. Lead weekly business review meetings to identify sales trends, issues and opportunities for optimizing sales.
- Manage the ongoing communication maintenance and monitoring of standard data (e.g., volume, share) and performance measures.
- Communicate business performance against performance targets in order to inform the Management team on business performance.
- Analyze and provide business insights on e-Commerce sales data including but not limited to; secondary sales, tertiary sales and promotional lifts.
- Collaborate with e-Commerce team to optimize marketing investments by analyzing sales performance data.
- Support the continued enhancement and evolution of our analytics capabilities to best-in-class. Stay abreast of industry trends and innovation and drive new analytics initiatives that contribute to business goals.
- Continuous analysis of inventory holding with the distributors in the Caribbean to avoid out of stock and over stock situations.
- Identify and communicate sales growth opportunities and create a system for regular performance monitoring.
- Assist with the creation and presentation of Business Reviews for Key Accounts and distributors to provide cross-functional teams with a solid understanding of the customer’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Conduct post-promotional analyses to evaluate return of sales and marketing programs
- Provide thoughtful insights to assist cross-functional teams with fact-based decision making.
- Communicate business performance against targets in order to inform clients on business performance or consider alternate solutions to meet business unit commitments.
- Identify and communicate incremental distribution opportunities and create a system for regular performance monitoring.
- Create and analyze ad-hoc reports and compile PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Ability to generate new knowledge innovation approaches and methodologies by assessing current best external approaches and modifying to fit company needs in order to support forward thinking within our system.
- Ability to provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and identify issues, removing barriers and leveraging resources.
- Knowledge of advanced quantitative analytic techniques and protocols used to build necessary business models.
- Knowledge of business planning and rolling estimate processes and procedures. This includes applying forecasting techniques and skills to develop and evaluate business goals and strategies, analyzing information to derive insights and implications to initiate planning and/or re-planning.
- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; showing concern for all projects; accurately checking and reporting processes and tasks.
- Providing timely, specific information, guidance, and recommendations to help the team make informed committed decisions that will lead to sustainable impact.
- Interpreting data to educate team in order for decision to be made through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related discipline with a minimum of 3+ years of related experience.
- Microsoft Office software, with Expert Level experience in Microsoft Excel, as well as superior PowerPoint skills to manipulate and present complex information in a usable format.
- Ability to use data information tools (i.e. SPINS, Nielsen, Whole Foods Vendor Portal, Amazon Analytics Portal) to obtain the needed information.
- e-Commerce, Amazon data analysis preferred.
- Retail industry experience preferred.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Strong analytical aptitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, plus commission.
- Excellent company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, Long and Short Term Disability & 401(k).
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.