Job Description – Shipping & Receiving Clerk
This position is primarily responsible for the day-today functions of an inbound/outbound warehouse including receiving, storing, distributing ad shipping products.
- Open and unload containers, examine for damage
- Sort and tag products; move to designated storage areas
- Restock and maintain picking area with earliest expiring product and batch number
- Print and assemble customer product orders; include any marketing /educational materials if requested
- Pack product for outbound shipment, weigh, determine shipping charges and affix correct shipping label
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Keep order preparation area and warehouse clean and organized
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lb
- Ability to operate hand truck
- Forklift operator license desire but not required
- Ability to navigate computer for order processing
- Knowledge of Federal express, UPS and USPS shipping process
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- A high school diploma or GED is normally required.
- Good computer skills are a plus that indicates a comfort level with updating databases and using handheld electronic devices.
- Job often entails moving and lifting packages, being physically fit may be a requirement.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, plus commission.
- Excellent company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, Long and Short Term Disability & 401(k).
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Founded in 1930, Himalaya remains family owned with products offered in over 90 countries.
Himalaya offers a full line of clinically studied herbal formulations, certified USDA organic pure herbs, and a full line of pure body care products. Integrating the principles of traditional medicine and modern science, Himalaya is a worldwide pioneer in the field of scientifically validated herbal healthcare backed by clinical study.
In fact, our clinical research has been published in numerous medical journals including The European Journal of Pharmacology, Phytotherapy Research, The Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, and JAMA, India.
Himalaya’s North American LEED® Gold-Certified Eco-Friendly corporate office and warehouse facility is located in Sugar Land, Texas, a community neighboring Houston.
Please also read about our heritage, our investment in science, our worldwide presence, and the global community we help support.