Job Description – Associate Brand Manager (North America)
Reports To: Senior Brand Manager, Supplements
Job Classification: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
The Associate Brand Manager supports and implements brand strategies and tactics that lead to achievement of brand volume and profit targets through leading cross-functional teams to meet key performance indicators. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to brand analysis, promotions development, brand planning, selling tool development, tradeshow management and package development. The ideal candidate is driven, collaborative and needs to be comfortable with everything from brand strategy development to executing tactics like label changes and supporting field sales requests. This role interacts significantly with a broad cross functional team so strong team leadership and interpersonal skills are critical to success.
– following is a list of top Function-Specific activities performed in the job
- Lead planning and execution for the PartySmart brand, including digital and social media planning, promotions development, package development, new product/line extension management and selling tool development.
- Analyze data to identify consumer insights, uncover brand growth opportunities and evaluate competitive activity.
- Lead customer marketing initiatives and work with sales team for key retailer accounts across Himalaya portfolio including in-store tools (i.e. coupons, POS, sales promotions) and emerging marketing tactics.
- Lead the development and management of national and regional tradeshows.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape via market visits, secondary research, data analysis and on-line searches.
- Write creative briefs that clearly articulate communication objectives and success criteria in order to inform and direct agency work and creative development.
- Assist in program development and manage required budget in order to execute brand plan.
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Develop plans for a work assignment to ensure effective completion against overall project or business plan.
- Organize and coordinate project logistics and resources to meet deadlines and maintain quality.
Qualifications and Education
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Marketing, Business or Communications Concentration
Related Work Experience: 1- 2 years with Consumer Package Goods (CPG) organization, syndicated data company or experience working in category management.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment) used in the development of marketing plans
- Knowledge of syndicated sources (e.g., AC Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, Homescan) used in the analysis of trended consumer and volume dynamics.
- Knowledge of and ability to use marketing tools/information to identify and define consumer/ marketplace opportunities.
- Experience managing social media platforms
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage a cross functional project team
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization
Compensation and Benefits
Himalaya Herbal Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Vision, Life, AD&D, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability. Compensation (base pay and bonus) is commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is available.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: Wellness in Every Home;
Happiness in Every Heart.