Job Description – Business Category Analyst
Reports To: Director of Business Insights and Analytics
Job Classification: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
Business Category Analyst
This role requires a highly self-motivated person with strong business acumen, analytical skills and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. Reporting to the Director of Insights and Analytics, the Business Category Analyst will be responsible for data collection, management, analysis, and presentation creation (for internal and external use) with a focus on key account performance and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the ongoing communication, maintenance, and monitoring of standard data (e.g., volume, share, distribution) and performance measures via recurring reports
- Provide thoughtful insights to assist cross-functional teams with fact-based decision making
- Develop insights from a broad range of information sources to formulate concise, compelling selling stories and annual business planning reviews
- Conduct post-promotional analysis to determine effectiveness of trade promotion spending
- Create and analyze ad-hoc reports and compile PowerPoint presentations as needed to support organizational and sales and marketing initiatives
- Train field sales team to use and understand reports and reporting resources
- Ability to take large amounts of data and present in a clear and succinct way
- Ability to keep focused attention while working with the Sales and Marketing teams
- Attention to Detail – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; showing concern for all projects and accurately checking and reporting processes and tasks
- Ability to think critically and draw reasonable conclusions from available information
- Monitoring Information – Establishing and using ongoing procedures to collect, review, and report information necessary to manage projects or ongoing activities
- Ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (e.g. Finance, Marketing), Economics, or related discipline preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) user
- Expert level in Excel
- Knowledge of syndicated data sources (e.g. SPINS, Nielsen, IRI)
- Prior experience in Category Management, Business Planning, or Sales
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, commensurate with experience.
- Company benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability & 401(k).
*This position does not provide relocation.