Job Description – Key Account Manager – Amazon
Position/Title: Key Account Manager – Amazon
Reports To: Director of Sales – E-commerce
Job Classification: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
The Amazon Key Account Manager will be part of the Himalaya Sales team reporting to the Director of Sales E-Commerce and will be the point person who shall own the performance of the Himalaya (North and South America) Amazon webstore offering, including all Personal Care and Supplements products via Seller Central and Vendor Central portals. The Amazon Key Account Manager will be accountable for delivering growth goals for the channel via best practice recommendations and implementation, Amazon advertising optimization, channel strategy development and performance reporting and analysis.
- Provides strategic oversight/guidance for Amazon marketplace account, both Vendor & Seller Central
- Responsible for product listing optimization, item set up and identifying and evaluating new opportunities for better product listing optimization
- Works with Brand team to develop immersive content for product pages and regularly update to reflect changes in product strategy, consumer dynamics and best practices.
- Works with marketing to develop and execute advertising campaigns, setting objectives and goals, working collaboratively to create content, track results and adjust plans to respond to analytics.
- Accountable for advertising expense management and delivering on budget.
- Manages copywriting and design projects and sees them through to completion.
- Supports new product launches and product launch promotions.
- Leads the keyword research for new and existing products via close coordination with the Brand Managers.
- Develops reports to analyze marketing and sales performance by providing executive summaries and recommendations of sales KPIs
- Performs competitive product analysis by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising.
- Stays on top of marketplace patterns and trends, and evolve Amazon growth strategy accordingly
- Works across additional online marketplaces (Walmart, JET, ebay, iHerb)
- Regularly meets with and reports to senior leadership and cross functional teams. Communicates complex emerging retail dynamics to leadership to gain buy-in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum 5-7+ years in experience in e-commerce businesses with minimum 3 years experience running Amazon marketplaces
- Demonstratable deep knowledge of the Amazon marketplace
- Familiarity with search, PPC bid management and AMS
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced development environment and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams
- Working experience on additional online marketplaces (e-Bay, Walmart, JET) a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and act diplomatically in situations where only limited standardization exists.
About Himalaya Herbal Healthcare
You, Himalaya, and the Seeds of Wellness
Himalaya believes the wellness journey begins with a seed. It’s sewn at the ground level – within you. It germinates and sprouts forth as you nourish the capacity for joy and individual wellness blooms from you to those around you.
Planting the hope of wellness has been the root of everything we do for more than 85 years. Owned by the same founding family since we humbly began in 1930, Himalaya’s legacy now reaches more than 90 countries worldwide. Himalaya is the maker of award-winning formulas like LiverCare and StressCare, and our premier standalone herbs like Ashwagandha and Turmeric 95, which are natively grown from over 1,000 acres of privately-owned farmland or herbs wildcrafted over thousands of clean, green acres. We teach our farmers sustainable growing and harvesting, so they can give back to the soil that gives life. We advocate for women farmers and protect fair prices through fair trade farming partnerships.
Himalaya’s manufacturing facilities are GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified and ISO 9001:2008 certified from NQA. Our R&D facility is GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and GCP (Good Clinical Practices) certified, employs over 250 physicians and scientists, and is recognized by India’s Institute of Health Sciences as an approved PhD Center. Himalaya’s LEED® Gold Certified Americas Region headquarters are located in Sugar Land, Texas, and serve the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Because our customers asked us long ago for purity and simplicity, Himalaya products are free from gluten, wheat, corn, soy, yeast and dairy. They’re also Non-GMO certified, vegan-friendly and contain no artificial fillers, binders or excipients. We offer USDA certified organic single herbs in additive-free caplets and capsules, and Himalaya Botanique personal care products with fresh botanicals and cold-pressed oils, free from over 400 synthetic ingredients. Himalaya has also been awarded ISO-14001:2004 certification of environmental management for our critical systems and procedures that control land, water and air pollution.
Himalaya and its founding family also care for farmers, educate children, have planted over 200,000 trees worldwide, support the survival of indigenous tribes, donate to local and regional causes, and continue to plant seeds of wellness for people and communities all over the world. We don’t just do it because our customers expect us to. We do it because it’s the right thing to do.
If wellness is truly the path to happiness, Himalaya believes we must all contribute to the wellness of people, the wellness of our environment, and the wellness of our communities. It’s an unwavering part of Himalaya’s fundamental mission: making the world well, one person at a time. At Himalaya Herbal Healthcare, we’re grateful for your consideration as we continue our shared, important mission. Visit us at www.himalayausa.com and join our journey. Help us keep planting the seeds of wellness that are making the world well, one person at a time.